Fund Senior Accountants are generally assigned to a team servicing one or more clients and one or more investment funds depending upon size and complexity and are under the supervision of other Firm personnel. The Fund Senior Accountant position will include all functions from the Fund Staff position and may function as a preparer or as a reviewer, dependent on the complexity of assigned tasks.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Fund Senior Accountant”
- Proficiency with specific Firm accounting software.
- Familiarity with partnerships and other flow through entities.
- Fine tunes and utilizes advanced computer skills, especially excel and access.
- Familiar with closing policy and procedures.
- Able to organize, complete and review a file.
- Able to provide constructive feedback and review comments to Fund Staff Accountants.
- Will identify issues and attempts to bring forth solutions.
- Properly references work papers when necessary.
- Reads and understands the fundamentals regarding trial balances and financial statements including investment companies.
- May be asked to engage in Firm recruiting activities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge
- Must be proficient on Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to effectively navigate our accounting software and programs
- Able to write and speak to clients in a professional manner
- General understanding of accounting principles including investment company issues
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear manner
Education and Certification
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and/or graduate degree in accounting or taxation preferable
- Minimum 3.0 GPA both overall and in major preferred
- 3 to 5 years of related experience with 1-2 years of public accounting experience preferred
- Must be able to sit or stand at computer station for extended periods
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment
Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.